Now accepting applications for our next Academy start date
The Academy Meets on the 3rd Saturday of Each Month
excluding December and July
Your Investment Includes:
Chapter dues, entry to Chapter meeting from 9:00 am to 12 noon, and Academy Only sessions from 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. for a full day of the best, clear and concise tips and tools to start or enhance your speaking/training/coaching career!
* Speakers Academy Students shall not be entitled to any refund of dues or other fees once the course has begun.
Welcome ToThe Speakers Academy
Do you have the desire to make a difference in someone’s life?
Do you have the desire to make a difference in YOUR life?
Do you want to become a Professional Speaker?
The Speakers Academy
is a program designed to offer aspiring speakers a set of skills, strategies, and resources which are needed to become successful professional speakers. Potential participants are those who desire to earn all or a significant portion of their income through speaking, coaching, training, authoring and/or consulting.
The curriculum comprises ten modules developed by a blue ribbon panel of the most successful NSA members from across the country. We tap into the resources of our chapter by having a different, professional successful member deliver each module.
The 10 modules are:
- Introductory Module
- Professional Awareness
- Topic Development
- Platform Mechanics
- Presenting and Performing
- Authorship & Product Development
- Sales and Marketing
- Managing the Business
- Professional Relationships
- Speaking Skills, putting it all together
Workbook will be provided. The content of each session combines the respective NSA material with the particular skills and experiences of that month’s presenter(s) who has been chosen for his/her expertise. The presentation order of the modules may be changed to meet the needs of the participants. In order to graduate from Speakers Academy, participants must attend 8 of the 10 sessions. If you miss 3, then you’d make it up the following year to graduate later.
- Chart your own course for speaking success based on your unique goals and aspirations.
- Develop the four core competencies of the professional speaker.
- Gain powerful and practical insights from professional speakers who are practicing what you are learning.
- Learn how to adapt your speaking skills to the strong currents of change dominating the speaking and training environment.
- Build lasting relationships with other Academy attendees, NSA Chapter members, and guest speakers.
What Others Are Saying
At the end of 2017, I decided I wanted to pursue my passion for training, consulting and speaking. I began looking for an organization that would help me do just that. Using my best friend Google I found NSA Central Florida and saw that there was an “Academy” for people like me. I immediately reached… Read more “Kelly Charles-Collins, Esq., MBA”
The Central Florida Speaker’s Academy is THE PLACE for a speaker with a message. The academy will tell you what to say, how to say it, and how to get paid for it. Knowledgeable professionals will pour into your life and put you on course to be a paid professional speaker. Connect with Carolyn and… Read more “Dr. Adrian Manley”
The NSA Speakers Academy Of Central Florida was the first and second thing that elevated my career. New self-confidence and Business-building techniques were turning points for me. Loved our leader, Carolyn Quintin, and all the professional and diverse teachers and thought leaders provided for us.
Joining the Academy has paid off in ways I never could have imagined. The return on my investment has been huge from a monetary perspective, but that’s only the tip of the iceberg. If you’re serious about growing your speaking business, I highly recommend you join the academy.
“The Academy has helped my business grow from just thoughts in my head to something I can now put on paper and build. I don’t know where I’d be without it.”
Have any questions?
If you have any other questions about the Speakers Academy, please take a look at the FAQ or submit the form below and we’ll get back to you.
Your Investment in the Speakers Academy is twofold:
- A commitment of time to complete all the modules, attend the meetings and meet the goals of the program.
- Meet pre-requisites – deliver a minimum of 3 speeches or training programs (for Free or Fee) in the past 12 months. This excludes speaking groups (such as Toastmasters).
To get started, complete an online application and then make first payment in full or in 3 installments.
This amount covers all the benefits of the Speakers’ Academy plus attendance at the ten regular morning NSA-CF chapter meetings. Here you experience presentations by some of the best presenters the National Speaker Association has to offer and you get to interact with a wide range of accomplished professional speakers the Central Florida area.
How soon can I get started?
The Speakers Academy start dates are August or February on the 3rd Saturday of the Month.
What do I do next?
Complete a Speakers Academy Application online then call the Academy Dean to discuss your eligibility to join and learn more details about how the Academy works.
Please contact Academy Dean at (727) 692-4467 or email her at email@example.com.
This amount covers all the benefits of the Speakers Academy plus attendance at the ten regular NSA-CF chapter meetings. Here you experience presentations by some of the best presenters the National Speaker Association has to offer and you get to interact with a wide range of accomplished professional speakers from the Central Florida area.
What if you could be a part of an elite group that would be with you while your career blossomed? Would you be willing to put forth a little effort? Would you be willing to reap the benefits?
Whether you are a beginning speaker, a moderately busy speaker, or the speaker who travels the globe selectively choosing clients from the many requests, wouldn’t you like to take your career to that next level? Listed are a few of the many benefits of the Speakers Academy:
- Learn how to get the clients that you want.
- Learn how to keep the customers you have once you have them.
- Learn how to negotiate a better fee and wiggle out of tight budget objections.
- Learn how to market yourself including how to write a one-sheet, use social media and identify your target audience.
- Build relationships with other business owners through both the morning chapter meetings and the Academy where you will have a mentor, an accountability partner and be encouraged to joining a Master Mind group of your peers.
The NSA-CF Speakers Academy isn’t just a foot in the door; it’s a hand up, a mentor, a mini-mastermind, your own private network, a training class, a practice session, and the key to building your speaking business to the level you desire.
Academy Location and Directions
The Speaker’s Academy will meet at:
Sheraton (Formerly Crowne Plaza Tampa East)
10221 Princess Palm Avenue
Tampa, FL 33610
Located off I-75 at MLK Blvd.
From I-75 N, exit 260b, over bridge, hotel on left inside business park.
From I-75 S, exit 260, bear right, immediate left into business park and hotel.